HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM YOUR BLOG
RELATED: HOW TO START A FREE BLOG ON BLOGGER
You can turn that passion into a side hustle by monetizing your blog.
There are diverse ways of monetizing your blog which you will learn as you progress in your journey as a blogger, but here, I am going to show you how to monetize your blog by using Google AdSense.
What is Google AdSense?
Simply explained, AdSense is a way of earning money on your blog by displaying ads next to your posts. Depending on the type of ads that are displayed, you are paid based on user clicks on the ads
or ad impressions.
How to go about monetizing your blog using AdSense
1. Have a few well-written posts on your blogger account before signing up.
2. Sign up for AdSense here.
3. Enter the URL of your blogger account and check the relevant button regarding additional tips.
4. Verify your account.
5. Read the AdSense Terms and Conditions. If you agree, tick I agree.
6. Click Continue to AdSense.
Now, the next steps sound tricky but stay with me, you will get it.
7. Copy the AdSense code.
8. Before adding the AdSense code to your blog, be sure your page complies with the AdSense program policies.
9. Go to your blogger account dashboard and click Layout.
10. Select Add a Gadget
12. Paste your AdSense code in the box provided and save.
Your ads will start running when your account is approved.
To set up your payment account
1. Sign in to your AdSense account
2. Select payment
3. Manage payment methods
4. Add payment method
I hope this lifts you up in your search for a blogging side hustle.
By Jumoke Eniola
Photo credit: Vlada Karpovich from Pexels